Wednesday 11 January 2012

Real Talk Football Returns!

“Writer’s block: a condition primarily associated with writing as a profession, in which an author loses the ability to produce new work. The condition varies widely in intensity. It can be trivial, a temporary difficulty in dealing with the task at hand. At the other extreme, some “blocked” writers have been unable to work for years on end, some abandoning their careers.”
Not to make excuses, but there was a lot on my plate for the last four months, and I finally find myself in a position to get writing again. I also suffered from this “Writer’s Block”. Of course, there were things to write about, however the motivation wasn't.

Football is in a different place at the moment, compared to the last time I posted on this blog, and everything seems to be moving so quick! We’re in the middle of a transfer window, which has gone excruciatingly slow. There are new managers, race rows are rife, teams are suffering from poorly managed pre-seasons (Barcelona) and legends are coming out of retirement to save their respective clubs. Real Talk Football is back to take a look, and try make sense of some of the biggest stories in football.

Finally, the main reason to my hiatus, for me, it was due to an alarming drop in the quality of my work. Falling below my own personal standards is something I won’t stand for, and will not allow it to happen again. So I had to step away and sort myself out.

Welcome back, Happy New Year to you all, I wish you all the best for 2012. Let’s get back to the beautiful stuff, you know, the football.

No comments:

Post a Comment